Friday, March 11, 2011

put a smile on ur face :)

So I went to the post office yesterday during lunch hour to renew my driving license.

It was a mini post office & when I went inside, the place was already packed.

I took a number, it was 1235 & I looked up at the running number on the screen: 1219.

My heart sank cause I didn’t expect to have to wait and to make things worse, all the seats were taken.

As I was about to head for the exit, a stranger tapped my shoulder & handed me a piece of paper.

No, the stranger wasn’t a cute guy & it didn’t have a name & phone number for me to call but something better.

It had the number 1227 on it, meaning I didn’t have to wait too long for my turn.

Yay! Thanks stranger!

And because I still have my own number with me, I decided to pay the good deed forward.

After 5 minutes, I found myself a seat and started scanning for people I felt would be the most deserving.

At first I noticed my neighbor’s son and we exchanged smiles.

Then my ex-schoolmate’s father entered but he didn’t notice me cause he went straight to the writing area.

Later , two colleagues of my best friend came in, the girl obviously saw me cause she walked pass me to get to her friend but she didn’t even look my way let alone smile (later I found out she is one of those people ‘yang lawa & rasa best’ or a snob).

After about 20 minutes of waiting, it was finally my turn.

So when I turned to head for the door, I decided to hand my number to my neighbor’s son.

Reason?

He smiled.

Moral of the story: Ur smile might get u something even when u’re not expecting & being snobbish won’t get u anything. But in my case, I wasn’t smiling to the stranger when I got the number, maybe it’s just because I’m cute. :p


0 hands in the air: