Wednesday, March 9, 2011

our (very) short stay in KL

This post is long overdue but what the heck, I just feel like sharing. J

I went to KL with Bobet for the weekend (25/2-27/2) and it was awesome!

We boarded the last flight from Kuching and arrived around 1 am at KLIA.

And because we were such cheapskates, we decided to play homeless there.

We only had 2 hours of sleep because it was uncomfortable (I still have insect bites on my back), freaking cold & there was this one lady who talked loudly on the phone at the wee hours in the morning.

Who does that? Tell me.

Bobet even thought that she was actually listening to a drama played on the airport’s PA system.

I would have found that funny if I didn’t think the same. -__-“

Being homeless is hard and I have so much respect for those who do it.

Later around 5 am we went for prayer & a place to have some breakfast.

We settled at this one place named Asian Food or something like that & we had hot milo, a plate of fried mihoon & a little sambal.

For RM16!

Pfft.

We shared and I can see other people staring at us possibly pitying us for not being able to afford a meal each but we’d rather share than being ripped off in broad daylight thankyouverymuch.

The next morning, we boarded the 8 am bus to KL Sentral and we took the chance to get some beauty sleep & recharge for what we know would be a very long & tiring day.

But, our beauty sleep was cut short because the bus driver just couldn’t stop yapping.

He went on and on and on and on and he was so loud, the whole bus could hear him.

We were ready to pull our hairs out when the bus finally arrived at KL Sentral in exactly an hour.

If it weren’t for the noise pollution, they would have got two thumbs up from us for service.

And because we could only check in at the hotel at 2 pm, we decided to go somewhere to kill the time.

We left our bags in a locker at KL Sentral and headed straight to Jalan TAR & Sogo.

Well not exactly, we had breakfast first at Subway (at CIMB tower) & I’m loving the sandwich so much I’m keeping my fingers crossed for them to open a franchise here in Kuching.

*Did u know they are the biggest restaurant chain in the world surpassing McDonald's? if u don't, now u do. More about it here.

I admit, we didn’t shower but I swear we smelled nice & like I always tell Bobet, if u don’t tell, people won’t know.

*chuckles*

We bought chandelier shawls & put-on hijabs for friends & family at home.

I did buy some for myself just in case I have an epiphany in the near future. ;)

Entering Sogo during a warehouse sale on a weekend when most people had just got paid would be a huge mistake but Bobet & I did it anyways.

We bought shirts for the guys in our family and that’s it.

There were too many people, too many things that we couldn’t think straight and just grab the first things we saw & got the hell out of there.

We checked in at My Hotel @ Sentral around 2.30pm & freshened up cause we had a date with Hathsey later at Pavilion.

The hotel is strategically located, less than 10 mins walk from KL Sentral and KL Sentral Monorail Station.

I say less cause I didn’t have a stopwatch to time it. :p

For room rate starting from RM98 per night, it was a delightful experience for us & we’re definitely coming back when we visit KL next time (except for the faulty kettle but we were too exhausted to care).

We met up with Hathsey at Pavilion & we grabbed late lunch at Grandmama’s Restaurant (we had to cause he got agitated that we couldn’t decide on where to eat. Sorry hon. :)

We had Chicken Mushroom Rice & Kedondong Juice (I forgot the name in English). There wasn’t much to choose from anyway & it was nice.

It had to be nice cause it cost me RM25 for both.

We parted ways around 7.30pm cause he had a previous engagement but not before we camwhored.

Instead of heading straight to the hotel, we went to Mid Valley instead cause we haven’t finished shopping for souvenirs for our family back home.

Unrelated to the entry but have u ever noticed that we usually spend a lot more on souvenirs for others instead of stuffs for ourselves?

Just saying.

Back to topic, I almost bought a very cute outfit for Andika if it wasn’t for the sales assistant who I feel deserved the most annoying sales assistant ever award at Jusco Mid Valley.

She followed me around like a lost puppy and every time I picked up something that I like & put it back, she rushed to fold it so that it’ll look like it was never touched by anyone but her.

Inside, I was like, “Be cool, sister! I ain’t messing with your man, they’re just clothes.” (I blamed Luan for this).

And for someone who worked face to face with customers, she didn’t smile but instead made a celaka face.

The first time, I can take it.

The second time, ok, fine.

The third time, maybe she’s obsessive compulsive or something.

The fourth time was the last straw for me.

I was in the middle of deciding & choosing GODDAMMIT.

So I left the place, got to where Bobet was & told her everything so we cursed her together.

Evil us.

We checked off the stuffs from our to-buy-list and we moved so fast around the mall just in time for it to close.

We were very exhausted we practically dragged ourselves to the hotel & once we got there, our feet felt like jelly that we melted onto the floor, laughing and telling each other that we were getting too old for this kind of stuff.

Nonetheless, we had fun & we’re definitely gonna do it again (despite feeling a little worn out this time around).

Fieza, next time u’re coming with us but there won’t be room for complaints k? ;)

0 hands in the air: