Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 2: My Favourite Movie(s)

I am a self professed movie junkie.
When I studied in Bangi, I used to take the KTM Komuter to Mid Valley / LRT to KLCC just so I can have my weekly fix of the movies.
Sometimes with friends but most of the time, alone.
I really enjoyed it coz sometimes i might wanna do a movie marathon, i don't have to fight about what movie to watch, settle for what i dislike & sulk throughout the movie when I wasn't in the mood to argue. .
I used to collect the ticket stubs from all the movie trips & at one point, it accumulated to almost rm500!
I have always feel that there's too many movies but too little time to watch them all.
Sigh.
And to choose a favourite is super duper hard.
So I list down a few of my all time favourites.
Once again, in random order.

1. Blood Diamond
I love Leonardo DiCaprio. I love all of his movies but this one in particular really left a huge impact on me. Til this day, everytime I think of purchasing or demanding for diamonds from my future husband, I'll make sure they're not blood diamonds.

2. The Green Mile
This movie was actually a book written by Stephen King of the same title. It has a lot of unexpected twists & turns that really made me glued to it. Truly an emotional rollercoaster ride watching this one.

3. The Butterfly Effect
Having Ashton Kutcher as the lead actor, I didn't expect much from this movie but boy, was I wrong. A must see!

4. The Hangover
I am guilty of watching this movie during work but in my defense, it was the weekend & work was slow so why waste precious time right? Must have been the second funniest movie I've ever watched, I just can't stop laughing. The second & third & fourth time I saw it, it still left me laughing in stitches.

5. Nacho Libre
The funniest movie ever! I still can't get over Jack Black singing Encarnacion in that blue tights. Epic!

6. Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
During secondary school, my English teacher introduced my classmates & myself to Roald Dahl's books and I just love them. Imagine my excitement when the movie was released. I bought the DVD & I think I've seen it more than 20 times. And I love chocolate even more now.

7. Kung Fu Hustle
At first I thought it's just another silly movie that was supposed to be funny. But it was freaking hilarious! Watched it with Bobet & Awg Mu, I was sitting right in the middle. They both laughed so hard, myself included and that must have been my most memorable movie session ever.

8. Toy Story, Toy Story 2 & Toy Story 3
Critics alway say that the third installment of any sequels / trilogies is usually the downfall but Toy Story just keeps getting better. It made me laugh & it made me cry. It's no surprise that they brought home the Oscars for Best Animated Feature Film Of The Year last year.

9. Shutter (Thailand)
My favourite horror film. Enough said.

10. Bruce Almighty
I am a sucker for comedy. I just can't get enough of them especially if Jim Carrey's in it. Never fail to make me laugh over and over and over again.

11. I Love You, Man
Another comedy favourite. Paul Rudd is cute!

I have a few more but I think 11 should be enough.
Looking forward for tomorrow's post that is My Dream Wedding.
:)

Sent by DiGi from my BlackBerry® Smartphone

2 hands in the air:

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

the first two nang my favourites.. never expected leo to berlakon that kind of watak, and the green mile.. nangis indah ku ujung2.. kesian the big guy..

n i e z a said...

::Felicia F.Ramzi::
I cried in almost every movie I watched. Either coz nya sedeh or lawak gilak2. Haha..