Monday, January 10, 2011

Rezeki day

I would call this day free food & freebies day or like the title, rezeki day for me.

First and foremost, my day started with Fieza, Juz, AP & myself attending our friend, Ziza's Majlis Cukur Jambul for her son, Adli Ilyas Hanafi.
We got there just in time to be ushered to the banquet table & the dishes served were marvelous!
Magnifito!
My tight fitting kurung moden didn't stop me from having seconds of pretty much everything!
Before we left, we were each given a goodie box that consisted of Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies look-and-taste-a-like & a few yummy chocolates.
*drool*

Later, Fieza & I watched Meet The Parents: Little Fockers.
Unrelated to the topic but just felt like sharing what I thought about the movie.
A good laugh but wasn't as funny as the first & second installments.
I enjoyed myself though, unlike watching The Tourist.
If it wasn't for Angelina Jolie, Johny Depp, Paul Bethany & the breathtaking views of Venice and Paris, I would have excused myself out of the cinema 30 minutes into the movie.
Huge, huge, huge disappointment.
*sigh*

Back to the topic, later in the evening I went to my former office for a bbq with my former colleagues.
We had chicken wings, sausages, corn on cob, potatoes, tiramisu cake, fried meehoon, honey dew, pizza & orange sprite as refreshments.
There were also karaoke, lucky draws & the game of musical chair.
Fyi, it was my first time playing musical chair in 27 years & I was sweating buckets!
I didn't win though but I definitely had fun (most probably for fearing of hurting myself coz these people really play to win).
My former office has a tradition of giving away a parting gift for those leaving the company & tonight I got myself a metallic gray hobo bag from MNG.
(Thanks you guys! I looooove it!)
Anddddd I also won a lucky draw tonight!
It was a cute coinbox, a small replica of a red, England mailbox (can see one in Mr Bean the series if u noticed) which is so cute!
I am so putting it on my new desk so that I will always be reminded of all the good times spent with them.
That's not all, each one of us also received a small token of appreciation which is a keychain with our name & the company name on it, along with a few gold coins chocolate.
I just love those!
Love it so much I wolfed down all four at one sitting.
*grin*

At the moment, I can swear I look like a freaking python after that much eating.
For someone who should have been consuming 1200 - 2000 calories per day, I managed to double that.
Maybe triple.
But in my defence, there's no way I'm turning down 'rezeki.'
*wink*

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

0 hands in the air: