Saturday, October 20, 2012

mobile sauna : my worst trip ever

After not setting foot on the famous Serikin for a little over a year, I was really excited about going again.
The last time I was there was on 16th October, a day before I met mr hubby.
Fyi, the parcel I was posting the next day when we met was a rattan mat bought in, well u guess it right, Serikin.
It's fair to say that the place has a special place in my heart.
:)

So the troop (my coursemates) and I reached there around 8am.
Had a short briefing from the officer on duty at our customs border office there.
Then operation shop-til-we-drop commenced at 8.30am & we're given 3 hours to shop to our hearts desire.
Well I didn't cause I was broke.
Only managed to grab titbits & a canned drink.
Serves me right for not saving for this trip.
Damn I'm still reminded of the telekung, kain ela & kain pelikat I saw there.

After almost 3 hours, my friend and I went back to our bus thinking the rest of the troop were already waiting.
Turned out, not even half of us were there.
We stepped onto the bus & it felt like entering a freaking sauna.
The airconditioner had malfunctioned.
There was air coming out alright but it's damn hot air.
It's scorching hot outside and now this?
I took my seat, was too exhausted to care.
I just wanna go home.
It's almost noon & everyone was supposed to be back inside the bus but there's a still a few were unaccounted for.
I was starting to be a little pissed off, I was burning outside & inside.
Waited a few minutes more but still no sign of them.
Eventhough upset, I managed to doze off in the heat.
When I woke up, I was drenched in so much sweat it feels like I've been dipped in water & lifted right away.
I panicked when I realised I was the only one on the bus.
Well, the rest were resting under a tree cause they couldn't stand the heat.
Too sleepy & too lazy to step off the bus, I just waited there but not without curses thrown in here and there.

Around 12.30pm we finally left the place but a few km down the road, we had to stop cause someone almost fainted in the bus.
Then someone had trouble breathing.
Then another.
And another.
This heat thing is slowly killing us one by one.
We stopped at the side of the road & another surprise, the tyres got stuck in the mud.
Our day had gone from bad to worse.
So we disembarked the bus & took shade on both sides of the road.
Then a familiar car halted.
It was a former colleague who was transferred to a different department.
Known for being blatantly honest, she called me fat in front of others.
My day had gone from worse to let me bury my head inside the ground and not pull it out ever.

It took the driver about 15 minutes to get the bus up and running again.
And there was almost an accident caused by a stupid, selfish driver who refused to stop even when our bus signalled to enter the road.
We finally reached the academy after an hour.
This is by far the worst road trip I've had.
I can't imagine if we had to board the same bus for our trip to Sibu next week.
It's going to be a nightmare, I can guarantee that.
Sigh.

Sent by DiGi from my BlackBerry® Smartphone

1 hands in the air:

The Geek Goddess said...

That colleague of yours need to have scissors snipping on her stupid lips. Grrr.