Thursday, October 18, 2012

After a year

A year ago on this date,
I met a guy while helping to post a parcel for a friend.
The guy was the frontliner at the postage office.
I had a slight problem with the cost of the postage.
To put it easily, I didn't have enough money with me.
We exchanged numbers and he promised to update regarding the cost.
In less than 30 minutes, I received a text from him confirming the exact total of the postage.
So in the evening I came back to pay the balance.
We made small talk while waiting for him to come up with my receipt.
On my way out he asked when we can meet again.
I answered (I was being nice), I'm going out now why don't u join us?
He replied I'm still working but can I text / call u sometime.
I said yes, why not.
He walked me to the door and waited for me to drive away. I waved him goodbye & he waved back smiling.
Fieza & and giggled in unison in the car once he's out of our sight.
Well actually we laughed out loud.
U can tell such things don't happen a lot to us.
Haha.

A year later, today.
That guy is now my husband.
I married him 6 months ago in the presence of both our families and close friends.
I still can't believe it myself, my jodoh came so fast.
Or maybe I'm just 'gatal'?
I think both.
Haha.

It was a brief meeting so why did I decide to let him know me better?
Because he was so damn persistent.
He wouldn't take No as an answer, damn it!
Haha.
I have never been in a relationship before so I thought why not give him and myself a chance.
And having a new movie buddy won't hurt right?
Now I got more than a movie buddy.
If u know what I mean. (Only 9gaggers will understand).
But I think the main reason is because I feel comfortable being around him.
I'm not the chatty type so for me to converse freely with someone especially a guy is a huge thing for me.
I can be my crazy self when I'm with him.
Believe me I am a bit cuckoo around those I'm comfortable with. :P
To be honest, I didn't know then whether he was The One but I sure know it now.

Dearest Mr Azlan,
Thank you for being persistence even when I kind of 'jual mahal' during our days of courtship.
Thank you for the love u shower me with everyday even when we're thousands of miles apart.
Thank you for always saying I'm beautiful even on obviously bad hair & PMS days.
Thank you for constantly reminding me of Allah & be grateful with everything we have.
Thank you for never asking me to change anything about myself.
Thank you for everything you've done & will do for me.
I love you so much, sayang.
I pray we will grow old together and later in Jannah.
Amin.

Sent by DiGi from my BlackBerry® Smartphone

3 hands in the air:

yana said...

Aameen! Semoga bahagia hingga ke syurga nieza & azlan! Terharu indah kmk baca post tok..

f.i.e.z.a said...

aawwwhhhh!

amek suka!
for more and more years to come for both of u. amin.

zackinah.h said...

Its not too late to tell u that i am happy for u..Nieza, i hope u will be happy with lan hereafter..its me, Bobet