Thursday, June 16, 2011

Still in disbelief

This morning I received a sad news that my colleague's husband had passed away from heart attack.
He was 40.
He also worked in customs but in a different unit and had spent almost a year at the department I'm working now.
We weren't close but I sometimes saw him coming by & hanging out with the guys from our office while waiting for his wife.
Sometimes alone, sometimes with their two kids.
One an 8 year old, another a 7 year old.
Such adorable kids.

Then it hit me.
And I immediately had goosebumps.
The last time I saw him was yesterday evening, after work.
He drove right pass me on his way to pick up his wife.
He looked healthy, smiling like he always did.

It was really sudden & everyone was caught off guard.
Even the wife didn't know he had a heart problem.
But life is unpredictable.
We can be healthy one minute and not breathing another.
None of us know when our time will come.

My heart goes out to the wife, kids, and his family.
Hope they will stay strong for each other.
May his soul rest in peace.
Al-Fatihah.
Amin.

Sent by DiGi from my BlackBerry® Smartphone

0 hands in the air: