Thursday, December 4, 2008

i'm doing just fine

i can't believe it. i just can't.

i had survived almost 96 hours without my handphone (refer last entry) and for someone who regards her phone as a security blanket, i m doing just fine.

to be frank the first 24 had to be the toughest.

i kept reaching into my bag or beside my pillow coz somehow i heard it rang & even vibrated but it later hit me that it's just my mind playing games with me.

but then 36 passed, later 72 and now 96, i don't feel the urge to do those things anymore.

i m less delusional now as i've come to terms that it's not with me (and that i know we'll be reunited next week) and somehow, i stopped caring not having it around.

well, it's true when people say that we appreciate things (and people) more when they're no longer with us.

u begin to reminisce all the sweet memories together (in my case, listening to my favourite songs over and over til the battery went dead & instant messaging his royal sweetness during wee hours when i can't get online) & wishing us two were never apart in the first place.

but the same goes to the saying 'Out of sight, Out of mind'.

coz when that particular thing (and person) were never available when u need them, somehow u forget that they were actually there.

that's when u start fending for urself, realising their presence are no longer needed. and that u can manage on ur own.

all i'm saying is, never take things (and especially people) for granted.

we always see things in a different light once we lost them & most of the time it'll be too late to do anything.

oh my, that was deep (even for myself). forgive me, i've been feeling philosophical lately. and it's only my phone, just imagine what i would write if i lost (knock on wood) my dearest someone..(^_^)

0 hands in the air: