Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yesterday's story, today's entry :D

My Saturday started with breakfast at Pak Amit Cafe at Jalan Astana.
As usual, we had mi kolok & rojak ayam without tofu.
Then I spent my morning at A's office watching Upin & Ipin on Youtube.
Because there weren't many customers & A's officemate was cool having me there, I got to nap in between.
Went straight back home at 11 coz we need to change for the birthday party at 2.

Was told it'll be a birthday party cum majlis aqiqah logically I went there in my kenduri baju kurung moden but when I got there, others were wearing casual.
I had totally overdressed for a kid's birthday party.
A being a total sweetheart wore a songkok through all that so that I won't feel out of place.
By the way, I got the birthday boy a Mr Potato Head.
Didn't find a Spongebob / Patrick plushies that's within my budget.
Did find Otto, the strawberry smelling teddy bear in Toy Story 3 but it was too over my budget.
Back to the party story, the birthday boy was so cute!
Don in a tuxedo, he'll sure be a heart throb once he's all grown up.
The buffet spread was marvelous.
We were served ayam masak merah, daging masak hitam, mixed veges, kari kambing, roast lamb etc.
We ate & mingled for an hour or so & left.

A then suggested we bring Andika to Pustaka Negeri to feed the fishes.
Since it was still early, we hang out for a while at my house.
Hanging out here meant interrogated by my mum on everything about him & us.
I left the two of them alone while I went upstairs getting Andika ready.
I believe he managed himself well cause I can see mum quite taken with him.
And don't get me started with Andika.
When the two of them together, I always feel like the third wheel.
I can't even put a finger on A without getting nudged by Andika.
So we fed the fishes & Andika was really into watching b-boys there strutting their stuff to the extend of showing them his own dance moves.
He was so talented!
For a toddler that is.
I'll upload the video later so u guys can entertain urselves.
I still have a great time laughing everytime I watch it.
:D

Later we had dinner at Abang Man Tom Yam Seafood in Matang cause we didn't know where else to go.
We ordered Nasi Paprik, Nasi Goreng Ayam Sambal & Kailan In Oyster Sauce.
Everything was bland.
Bluergh.
My rice was cold & we can tell they only reheated the fried rice for less than 5 minute.
My chicken paprik tasted funny & the gravy was too watery.
So was the vege.
And A's ayam sambal was chicken used for chicken rice in chilli sauce gravy.
We expected a hearty meal but left with dissatisfaction.
Not sure whether it's our mistake for selecting those dishes but one thing's for sure, there's no way we're coming back to that place.
Hmph.

That was my Saturday.
Wanted to publish it last night but too sleepy to even push send from my bb.
:D

Sent by DiGi from my BlackBerry® Smartphone

1 hands in the air:

f.i.e.z.a said...

will go there kelak.ingiinnn