Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lunch At Tumis

Finally I got the chance to dine at Tumis.
Recently opened, if I'm not mistaken a few months back, it's located at Lot 281, Ground & 1st Floor, Jalan Borneo,Taman Sri Sarawak, Kuching.
With Tune Hotel at one end & 7 Eleven at the other.
Been wanting to come here since a fellow blogger raved about it in her fb & multiple check ins from foursquare by her isn't helping either.
So I batted my barely there lashes & persuaded A to try out the place.
He was a bit hesitant at first but after hearing good reviews from a friend he finally gave in.
Funny thing was, he asked the friend how's the food at Sambal Tumis?
I'm not sure where he got the word 'Sambal' from but for sure I was laughing so hard when he told me about it.
:D

So back to our lunch story,
We found a great parking spot next to 7 Eleven, a bit far from the place but still in walking distance.
I ordered Nasi Goreng Tumis (RM6.80) while A went for Ikan Panggang Sambal Tumis (A chose ikan kembung, I have no idea the name in English) with Nasi Putih (RM8.80), both specialty dishes & recommended by the chef.
We also had Mixed Veges In Oyster Sauce (RM5.80) as a side dish.
For drinks, I had Green Tea Lemon (RM2.80) & A had two Iced Milo (RM2.90) each.
At first I ordered Barley Lemon but they haven't prepared the barley yet.
My order came fast, followed by the veges but A's order came about 40 minutes later.
He was starving, poor thing.
But we weren't in a hurry & A did eat half of my rice & the server did inform us that it would take them a while to prepare the dish so there wasn't a reason to be upset.
When the dish finally served, it was totally worth the wait.
The sambal was a little spicy for my liking though but A loved it.
Service was good but could be better if it's fast.
We would definitely come over again in the future.
:)

Footnote:
Pic 1: Nasi Goreng Tumis. Huge portion. Only remembered to snap a pic when I was halfway eating it.
Pic 2: Mixed Veges in Oyster Sauce. Love that there's lots of button mushrooms.
Pic 3: Ikan Panggang Sambal Tumis with Nasi Putih. Just ignore A's fork like how he ignored me when I said I wanted to take a pic of the dish.

2 hands in the air:

AmirFX said...

Ikan Kembung bukan Balloon Fish ka? Sekati kmk mesen jak... haha.. Nway, lom pernah juak pergi kat sia... Nampak cam sedap jak makanannya...

Aida The Pink Goddess said...

tumis is my aunty's place. he just tried it last week, love the butter prawn! he