Friday, May 14, 2010

little gestures go a long way

I suddenly miss my nephews & nieces.
They are all in KL so I don't get too see them very often.
Back in KL, I used to babysit some of them & suffice to say that I have a little experience in nappy changing & handling temper tantrums.
For me, they are irresistably adorable & it doesn't require much work to fall in love with them.
But it ain't easy for them to warm up to u.
With that said, I noticed kids seem to like me.
Maybe I was imagining things or my mind tricked me into believing that but yea I'm pretty sure they do.
Or was it fear?
:D

Once, while shopping, I saw this cute little girl who was crying and tugging on her mother's clothes, maybe declined of something that she wanted earlier.
Her mother was desperately trying to console her cause her crying started a chain reaction that her little baby brother in the stroller her mother was pushing started crying too.
But when she turned & looked at me smiling (maybe I did some funny faces), she immediately stopped crying & wiped her tears.
Her mother was surprised as I was & when they left the store, that cute little girl smiled & waved at me.
I was still perplexed by her sudden change of emotions that I even turned to see whether there was someone else behind me, someone she might know but there was just me.

And I still remember this incident clearly when I attended a housewarming party of a friend of my sister's.
I didn't know anyone there & I've planned earlier to just lay low & eat at my little corner til the whole thing ended.
But my plan was changed by a cute little boy in a hawaiian shirt who has this tanned Japanese look.
Of all people, he walked toward me & took my hand, leading me inside the house.
He made me sit right in the middle of the living room, in front of the tv & he disappeared into the kitchen.
Then he came back again with toys in his hands & he asked me to play them with him.
I never knew this kid (turn out he's the hosts' son) but he made me feel like I was family.

Maybe there's something about me that appeals to these younger beings.
If only I have the same effects on guys my age, I'd be having children of my own right now.
:D

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

5 hands in the air:

AmirFX said...

Haha.. Ktk ada aura bila ngn nemiak... Aura from the sky.... haha...

f.i.e.z.a said...

nang pjg cita tok p ujong2 nya nang best!
dak miak nang suka ngan ktk bah za.anak2 buah mek semua suk ngan ktk hehe

myra said...

nieza, you'll make a good mum. that i believe.

Anonymous said...

cdak ngga susbes ko bah..haha.. ;p 18sx

n i e z a said...

::AmirFX::
Lom mek minum aek BioAura indah nk o.
Ng beraura mena kmk pasya. Hehe..
Anyways, hepi bday! :)

::f.i.e.z.a::
Kali muka mek lawak yalah miak suka nk o.
Haha..

::myra::
So sweet of u to think that.
I'm flattered. :)

::sueprettyinpink::
Haha.. Kali juak, sue.
Ptt cdak mala mintak mbak jk2, ada padding best k landing bh. Haha..
Tat ya u juak kau eh. :D