Friday, March 20, 2009

silly silly me

in my line of work, i deal with all types of people.
but i m most wary of the overfriendly type.
for two reasons;

1) they would sound friendly at first then suddenly WHAM! they go ballistic!
2) they are trying their luck hitting on u, eventhough just for a few minutes.
*flattering but makes me very uncomfortable*

but today was a different story.
i had verbal diarrhoea & i was sooooo humiliated.

here's how the story goes;
a guy called to make a report on a faulty line, on behalf of a friend.
he fit the overfriendly person profile so i started to brace myself.
*while at the same time, a little dazed & my mind was around somewhere*
i did like i always do, take down the faulty number, owner name, type of faulty yada yada..
then, in the middle of conversation he stopped me by asking,

"Yang bercakap ni Cik Nieza ke Puan Nieza? Saya asyik panggil Cik je dari tadi."

with much confidence & without hesitation i answered,

"Puan, Encik."

then it hit me. WHAT DID I JUST SAY?
*i am obviously a CIK so what was i thinking?*

when i tried to clear up the air, it was too late.
cat got my tongue when he replied,

"Puan rupanya, ingatkan Cik tadi. Suara macam anak dara je."

*coz i am. haha..*

i let him amused himself throughout the short conversation (i was amused myself) but i didn't reach the humiliation check point just yet.
not until i turned to my right & saw my officemate with a huge grin on her face.

she had been listening in to my every word!
and was having a great time laughing when she muttered,

"Sejak bila kitak jadi Puan? Baruk malam tadik ka? Konpiden ada jak bunyi nyawab customer."

with that remark, i wish i could bury my head deep enough in the sand like an ostrich does.

moral of the story: daydreaming while at work? BAD IDEA. daydreaming while talking to an overfriendly customer? BIG NO NO.

footnote: i so wanna earn that title. lanji dah tok. ;)

7 hands in the air:

Chel Rinj said...

can't wait to be a Puan kah? ;P pray harder & the day will come soon.. ;P all the best..(eh mcm coaching pulak)

n i e z a said...

::chelrinj::
i m praying. hehe..
i'll do my best & wont take mc again (if i can help it). ;)

f.i.e.z.a said...

ooo pn nieza.yerrr.mun kmk dapat customer gya alu ku tulis numb hp nya k msg mlm2.hahhaa.

n i e z a said...

::fieza::
nya cina tp bunyi klaka nang tolen2 kedak melayu. ritok ada juak nemu cust camya dr miri. pandei mdh 'kim salam ngn ktk aa' indah. alu speechless kmk. tp nait self esteem. ;)

The Geek Goddess said...

I have a friend who handles the hotline for Mycat (alliance of NGOs for tigers). He has to handle prank calls or orang salah nombor most of the time. One day, a girl called the hotline by mistake, and my friend told her she got the wrong number, and then she hanged up.

Not long after that, she called back and asked him if she can get to know him better ('boleh berkenalan?' pick up line), to which he answered,

"SORRY, TAK BERMINAT" and promptly hanged up on her.

Felicia F. Ramzi said...

hehehe, aku eh kadang secara refleksi mengcorrect the other person on the line "it's a Miss," in a good tone la, sikda nada marah2..eheh.. ku pun maok juak dah tok di tunggah puan..puan Felicia..yoh meremang

n i e z a said...

::loislane::
had those types of callers too but i had to remain profesional (ada ditangkap dak QA, alu kenak potong elaun.huhu..)

::felicia::
i used to be offended when others refer me as a Puan rather than a Cik. but now that im 25 going on 26, im beginning to like it. to the point of addressing myself as a Puan in reflex. hehe..
Puan Nieza, sounds good to me. ;p