Saturday, September 19, 2009

satu hari di hari raya

for me, Hari Raya would be less of a celebration if it lacks the loudness of firecrackers & beautiful firework display on the sky.
even my mum joined in the fun.
yup, she took a few of my sister's secret stash & fired up a few very loud ones.
while i sat in my room covering my ears.
before u start taunting me for being a sissy, let me explain myself.
i had had a bad experience with firecrackers & anything that explodes
(that includes bottled yogurt).
back in 1994 when i was in primary 5, i was as brave as any other 11 year olds.
i lit firecrackers on my hand & let go milliseconds before they exploded.
i would laugh & got so high with the adrenaline rush, i never wanted to stop.
my cousin who was 5 years my junior became the sole spectator and he was in total awe with what i did.
(he wasn't allowed to touch them)
he clapped every time the stuff exploded & pleaded for more.
as i was also enjoying myself, i gave in to his demands.
but lighting firecrackers then throwing it in the air one at a time when i have a box full of them waiting to be fired up made me restless.
i wanted my night to end with a BANG!
it sure hell did!
i took out one whole string of firecrackers & lit the fuse.
i waited anxiously for it to start popping away & when it did, the thing started to fly all over us!
we both ran for cover but it was too late.
it flew right on top of my foot & scarred me for life.
ruined my dream of becoming a foot model
(i just add that up).
but it did scar & scare the shit out of me.
now anything to do with explosives, please count me out.
so during this Hari Raya, play safe ok?

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI. MAAF ZAHIR & BATIN.

3 hands in the air:

Anonymous said...

selamat ari raya sis!..hihih..have a great festive season

SEN said...

aie kmk blm wish rah blog duhal rah fb jak..selamat hari raya!!

n i e z a said...

::de_eduardo::
thanks bro :)

::SEN::
selamat hari raya juak. tedah ktk x balit tek o. taun dpn boh x balit aa. ;)